With the goal of alerting and advising citizens facing the worrying second wave of Covid-19, India’s leading doctors on Wednesday addressed key issues to ease fear among citizens on the Covid-19 protocol. The virtual address was attended by AIIMS Director Dr Randeep Guleria, Narayana Health Chairman Dr Devi Shetty and Medanta Chairman Dr Naresh Trehan. The three doctors spoke in detail about the symptoms of coronavirus, precautions need to be taken if positive quarantine guidelines are tested, the use and supply of Remdesivir and hospital oxygen, etc.
India registered 2,95,041 new Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours and 2,000 deaths, the highest one-day count for the country to date, Union Health Ministry data showed Wednesday at 8am.
In the virtual address shared by news agency ANI, the doctors explained what to do if you test positive for a Covid-19 infection. Here’s what they said:
Dr. Devi Shetty
– If you have any symptoms like body pain, colds, coughs, indigestion, vomiting – I have one important message – test yourself for Covid-19. This is the most important thing.
– In case you are positive, go see a doctor and get his opinion. Don’t panic, Covid-19 is common now. It is a problem that can be solved provided you get the medical help early and follow the doctor’s instructions.
– There is a possibility that you may be disproportionate, therefore, doctors will tell you to stay home, isolate yourself, wear a mask and check your oxygen saturation every 6 hours.
– If your O2 saturation is above 94 percent then there is no problem. But if it collapses after exercise, then, you need to call a doctor. It is important that you get the right treatment at the right time.
Dr. Naresh Trehan
– A smaller percentage of people are in hospital. The hospital beds should be used wisely and with responsibility. This responsibility depends on us all.
– We have now made a protocol that Remdesivir should be given to not everyone who tests Covid-19 positive. It should therefore only be given after doctors have looked at a patient’s test results, symptoms, comorbidities. Remdesivir is not a ‘Ramban’, it’s just the people who need it that reduce the viral load.
– Today we have enough oxygen if we try to use it wisely. I want to tell the public that if you don’t need oxygen, don’t use it as a safety blanket. Oxygen waste will only lead to depriving someone who needs it.
Dr. Randeep Guleria
– In Covid-19, more than 85 percent of people recover without any specific treatment in the form of Remdesivir and the like. Most people will have symptoms such as a common cold, sore throat and so on. Over 5-7 days, they will recover with symptomatic treatment. . Only 15 percent can get into moderate disease.
– It is important to understand that most of us who are apart at home or in hospital do not need any specific treatment because of panic. Only a small percentage need Remdesivir. Don’t consider this as a magic bullet.
– As a country, if we work together, use oxygen and Remdesivir wisely, then, there will be no shortage anywhere. In terms of the number of people needing oxygen and oxygen supply, we are balanced.
– Oxygen is a treatment, it’s like a drug. Taking oxygen intermittently is a complete waste of oxygen. There is no data to show that this will help you and so you should not.
– The vaccine prevents you from getting the disease in the form of a serious illness. It may not stop you from getting the infection. It is important to understand that even after the vaccine, we may have a positive report, that is why it is important to wear a mask even after the vaccine.
Read all the Latest News and Breaking News here