The Maharashtra government has imposed several new restrictions in an attempt to bring the spiral coronary virus infections under control. Similar lockout restrictions under the government’s ‘Break-the-Chain’ program will take effect from 8 pm today and will remain in effect until 7 am on May 1. On Wednesday, the state added 67,468 Covid cases -19 new and 568 Deaths. With this the total incidence of Covid-19 has increased to 40,27,827.
Here is all you need to know about the new lockdown restrictions in Maharashtra effective at 8 pm today:
1) The offices of central, state and local governing bodies must operate with 15 per cent attendance. But emergency services dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic will be exempt from this rule.
2) Other offices, which are permitted to operate in accordance with current rules, may operate with a strength of 15 per cent or five persons, whichever is greater, sign the notice.
3) With regard to an inter-city and inter-district travel ban, an exception will be made to travel for medical emergencies, essential services and funeral or medical attendance.
4) On local train travel in Mumbai, the government had tightened the rules on April 13, saying that only those working in the essential services can travel.
5) Travel is allowed with a 50 percent capacity of the vehicle.
6) Private bus passengers (who are allowed to travel) will have to quarantine themselves at home for 14 days after their destination. Bus operators will have to stamp passengers’ hands to indicate they are due to stay at home for 14 days.
7) Weddings can be held with 25 people present in a single hall. The ceremony will not extend beyond two hours and breaking the rule will attract a fine ₹50,000, the notice said.
8) All government employees – state, central and local – are allowed to travel on local trains, metros and public transport buses.
9) Medical professionals and those in need of immediate medical attention and disabled people can access public transport services during the period. A disabled person may accompany another person.