Vaccine registration for all over the age of 18 will begin this week on the CoWin and the Aarogya Setu app platform. So, those eligible for the injections in the third phase of the vaccination drive that will start from May 1, can sign up for their shot. RS Sharma, CEO of the National Health Authority (NHA) told CNBC-TV18 that people aged 18 and over can start registering for Covid vaccination from Saturday.
As India faced the deadly surge of the second wave of Covid-19, the government on Monday had opened vaccinations to all over the age of 18 from May 1. It also allowed states, private hospitals and industrial institutions to procure the vaccine doses directly from manufacturers.
Under the third phase of the national vaccination campaign starting next month, the vaccine makers would supply 50 percent of their monthly doses released to the Central Drug Laboratory (CDL) to central government. They would be free to supply the remaining 50 percent doses to state governments and in the open market.
The Center will continue to vaccinate those who have been declared eligible to date – frontline workers, health workers and the over 45s.
Apart from Covishield Serum Institute of India and Covaxin Bharat Biotech, Russian Sputnik will soon be used, the government said.
Yesterday, the Serum Institute of India (SII) said its vaccine would be sold at ₹400 to states and in ₹600 to private hospitals.
Here’s how to register for Covid-19 vaccination through the CoWIN portal:
- Log on to www.cowin.gov.in.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Get OTP to create your account.
- Enter the OTP and click on the “Verify” button.
- You will be directed to register the vaccination page. On this page, there will be an option to select one photo ID.
- Fill in your name, age, sex and upload an identification document.
- Click on the “Register” button.
- Upon completion of registration; the system will display the “Account Details”.
- A citizen can further add three other people connected to this mobile number by clicking the “Add More” button.
- A button will enter ‘Schedule Appointment’. Now click on it.
- Search vaccination center of choice by state code, area, block and pin.
- Date and availability will also be displayed.
- Click on the ‘book’ button.
- Upon successful completion of the order, you will receive a message. Those confirmation details will have to be shown at the vaccination center.
Here’s how to register for Covid-19 vaccination through Aarogya Setu:
- On the Aarogya Setu app homepage, go to the ‘CoWIN’ tab.
- Under the CoWIN icon, you can see four options – Vaccine Information, Vaccination, Vaccination Certificate, Vaccine Dashboard.
- Tap on the “Vaccine” tab and then select the “Register Now” option.
- Enter your mobile number and then click “proceed to check”.
- Enter the OTP and again select “proceed to check”.
- Once the number verification is done, you will have to upload a photo ID card.
- You also need to fill in other details such as age, gender, year of birth.
- You can register a maximum of 4 beneficiaries through the Aarogya Setu app.
- You can also check for vaccination sites by state code, area, block and pin. The date and availability will be displayed. Select the “book” option.
- Upon successful registration, you will receive an SMS with appointment details.