T20 World Cup: Jammu and Kashmir and SRH regulator Umran Malik have been selected as Team India’s net bowler- Report | Cricket

Umran Malik had recently played for the SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH) in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 and also ended up recording the fastest transfer of the season.

After impressing everyone with his speed, Jammu and Kashmir ruler Umran Malik has now been selected as Team India’s net bowler for the upcoming T20 World Cup.

Malik had recently played for the SunRisers Hyderabad (SRH) in the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 and also ended up recording the fastest delivery of the season.

“Yes, he will stay back with the team as a net bowler. He was impressive in the IPL and we feel it will be a good idea to get the batters to face him at the nets. It will also be good exposure for him bowl to the quality batsmen like Kohli and Rohit, “a source told ANI.

Earlier, Malik’s speed sensation had said that fast bowling came naturally to him and since the beginning, he has bowled quickly to disrupt batters concentration.

SRH controller Umran Malik clocked 153 kph to bowl IPL 2021’s fastest transfer against Royal Challengers Bangalore on Wednesday. Malik achieved this feat in the fourth inning of the ninth over against Devdutt Padikkal. RCB batter got the outside edge and scored a run on the fastest classification of IPL 2021.

“From the beginning, I used to bow fast. When I played cricket with Cosco ball, I used to bow fast then too. We used to play one over games and I was I used to run in and bow fast yorkers. In 2018, U Trials came -19 and I was bowling, the selectors saw me. I was bowling with jogging shoes, then my friend gave me spiked shoes and then I got into the under-19 team. Then I played under-23 cricket, “said Malik teammate Bhuvneshwar Kumar in a video posted on iplt20.com.

“In 2018, I was practicing regularly. After Under-23, I played Vijay Hazare and Ranji Trophy. I thank SRH franchise for giving me a chance. Irfan Pathan came and told me where I can I was scared at first … when I had to bow to Warner and Williamson in the nets I prayed to God that I was just bowling good balls. I kept learning and this has got me help, “he added.

A Close Story

.Source