Snapchat users can now share Twitter tweets directly to their Snapchat story. This eliminates the need to take screenshots of tweets for sharing.
Twitter doesn’t offer the most intuitive solutions for sharing interesting tweets on other social media apps. A popular solution is to take a screenshot of the tweet you want to share and post it as an image.
Better solutions are in the works, such as the native integration with Snapchat announced today.
Oh jesus! 👻
Sharing Tweets directly to your Snapchat Stories is now easier than ever. Launching today on iOS! pic.twitter.com/0LIHQhmCKu
– Twitter (@Twitter) December 10, 2020
Twitter adds that a similar integration with Instagram will be implemented soon. But let’s not go too far, here are the details on the launch of the Snapchat integration today.
Continue reading below
Twitter integrates with Snapchat for easier sharing
The ability to share tweets from the Twitter app to Snapchat is available today on iOS, with plans to bring it to Android soon.
Please note that this does not include the ability to to post tweets to Snapchat. Users cannot compose a tweet and post it simultaneously in both apps.
What users can do is select their own public tweet, or one from others, to share as part of their Snapchat story.
Tweets can be shared on their own or users can be creative with full access to Snapchat’s creation tools.
When Snapchat users view a snap with an embedded tweet, they can tap the tweet to view it in the Twitter app.
Continue reading below
From there, they can view the profile of the tweet’s author and see more of their content.
This, of course, is not possible when tweets are shared via screenshots. To see the actual tweet, you would have to manually search for the author on Twitter and scroll through their feed to find what you are looking for.
The integration of Twitter with Snapchat has the potential to really drive user engagement on the platform. Think about how many followers could be gained from a viral tweet if users could visit the author’s profile directly from other social applications.
The tweets shared on Snapchat will disappear like the rest of the content. If a tweet is deleted on Twitter after sharing it on Snapchat, users will see that the tweet was deleted when they open the story.
How to share a tweet on Snapchat from Twitter
Follow the steps below to share a tweet from Twitter to Snapchat on iOS:
- Tap on the share icon in the tweet on Twitter. (Note: the tweet must be public).
- Tap on the Snapchat icon in the lower horizontal scroll of icons.
- The Snapchat app will open directly on the camera and the tweet you want to share will appear at the top of the camera as an immovable sticker.
- Once you take your Snap (video or photo), you can pinch to move and resize the tweet label.
- At this point, more creative Snapchat tools can be used, including captions, stickers, Bitmojis, Cameos, and filters.
- Touch the blue “Submit button in the lower right corner to share with individuals or groups or to post to your story.
- People will be able to see the tweet as a tag on their Snap and they can swipe up to go to Twitter and see the tweet there.
Twitter hopes this will be the first of many such integrations.